My Journey

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Nights

I have been rocking the day diet wise. I can stay so focused. Muscle Milk for breakfast, a chobani for lunch, maybe a boiled egg, and rice cakes for snacks and lots of water.  I always start off soooo well. Then..... the sun starts to set. And my little ones are cranky, and I have done so well that I think I have all these calories, and then it's all down hill from there. A slice of 45 cal bread with a spoonful of peanut butter and honey here, finish the ice cream cone my kids didn't want to there, a few handfuls of popcorn, dinner, a few cadburry mini eggs ( I know Laura...they so are the devil).

I have found I am most successful when I don't eat after 6pm, and workout at night. I almost always see a loss the next day. But.... I am so busy with the night that I lose sight almost every time. Then once the kids get to bed I want to celebrate with eating, or the fact that I actually have the option to eat something that is not being grabbed out of my hand by a toddler.

I think tomorrow I am gonna try for the bigger breakfast and lunch and maybe a snack for dinner and see how that goes. But I just fear it will end up in 3 big meals and that will put me really behind.

I have been doing really well in my workouts. I work out at least 3 days a week, mostly 4 and sometimes 5.

My pattern has been lose 4 pounds in a week and then struggle the next 3 weeks to see any other loss. Sigh.

I really just want these last 20 lbs so bad!! 20 lbs by Aug is totally do-able! And 10 by June!

Oh.... my birthday is coming up next Saturday. Do I want a fit bit or the other device just like it some of you guys have? What's it called again? If you love yours let me know!!

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the workouts hon! Don't beat yourself up though, it's a process and one I know you can achieve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get in those habits too. I try to keep things on hand that I can eat like tea, 100 calorie popcorn packs sprinkled with Molly McCheese, and Popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughhhhh, Cadbury eggs.....ugggghhhhhhh.

    Yay! Birthdays!!!

    Maybe have bigger meals earlier....may help! Or pre-make your dinner so when you get home you can just eat it and then take care of the kiddos???? IDK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, will lose 5 pounds overnight, then nothing for the next two weeks. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my FitBit, you should get one! :)

    I had the same problem with late night snacking, but I just told myself no eating past 7:00 pm anymore, unless I'm out with friends. Then there are no rules. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love my FitBit! Totally worth purchasing!

    ReplyDelete