My Journey

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trans-porting?

This morning as I was getting dressed I was pressing on my stomach (wishing my extra flabby would disappear) when I noticed a hard bump inside my stomach. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes. I thought, "oh my gosh, I have a tumor". I had Jake feel it and he freaked out a bit too. I felt dizzy and nervous thinking there was something very wrong here.

It wasn't until I was driving that I remembered that I once had lapband surgery! Duh!! But my port as always been directly next to my belly button. This bump was 2 inches above my belly button.

As soon as I could I did some research and found out it was somewhat common for the port to move up as you lose significant weight. PHEW! I haven't ever been able to feel my port before and wow.... it's REALLY noticeable now!

Has this happened to anyone else? Notice the port trans-porting itself?

I am going to go back to being grumpy lady now. Don't ask my friends.....don't ask.

3 comments:

  1. Your port is pretty well anchored to your muscle I think your belly button has moved a little South with the inevitable skin sag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman who now attends my clinic didn't have her port anchored as a part of her original surgery and it wandered about.

    ReplyDelete