My Journey

Monday, July 4, 2011

Secret Bandits Anyone?

I thought maybe it would fun for some of us banded ladies to do like a Secret Santa type thing. I did this with my pregnancy message board and it was really fun. So here is what I was thinking....

~ Each girl send their Secret Bandit a "monthly motivator" for August, September, October, November & December. If the majority of you think this is too many months let me know and we can change it up.

~ "Monthly Motivators" should be small, fun gifts with motivating notes to help with the lapband process. No one should go broke! Examples for 1 month: your fav protein bar, a cool water bottle, a new picture frame for your new body, something you made, a few of your favorite recipe, a juicy magazine.... See. It should be just fun simple stuff.

~ Last month you can splurge a little if you want for your Secret Bandit, but don't go crazy and don't go broke!

~ Obviously don't tell your person who you are until the last month's gift.

~ Feel free to post your goodies in your blogs for all to see

If at least 10 ladies are interested and possibly 1 person interested in co-organizing this with me leave me a comment and I will make it happen. If you can copy and paste this in your blogs that would help me spread the word. Just have them stop by my blog and leave a comment or email me at eatpinkcupcakes@hotmail.com

No biggie if it doesn't happen. Just an idea!

Happy 4th of July ladies! I feel so blessed to live in this free country!

12 comments:

  1. PS - Perhaps we could also spread the word through blogland by making a link to this post - would that be ok??

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are we to send the motivators to people? Like frames and protein bars etc. I love the idea, but how are we to get the gifts to the person? Perhaps I've got the wrong idea. ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the mail. I will collect info from each girl and give their person their address. It worked just fine when I did it through my pregnancy message board. We just made sure everyone thought about shipping costs before sending their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you via Cat. Love the idea ... count me in ! p.s. I'm also 5'1" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to you by a lot of people!! But this sounds like fun! Include me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's a fun idea!! I haven't been banded yet.....having surgery in August, but I would love to join in on this. I think it would be great motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great and I would love to do it, but I live in Australia :-(

    ReplyDelete