My Journey

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weekly Weigh In: Week 4 & 1st Fill

                                 Week 4: 198.4 lbs  Total Loss: 13.6 lbs

I woke up feeling great yesterday. You know those mornings when you wake up and just know you lost weight. I just felt skinnier. I didn't have a huge loss, but 198.4 is still something. I am so glad to be over the onederland hump where I was going between 199 and 202 all week and I was grumpy about it if you all recall.

The dr office scale showed the same weight as my scale at home. Good to know it's accurate, or is it? A 195 at the dr. office would have been cooler but at least it wasn't a 201. The nurse stated I have lost 18 pounds. Does this lady know math? I guess she was calculating from my last dr. visit where I was 216, which was a freak day. I was 216 only that day and by that evening was back down to 212 and stayed there till surgery. That 216 helped me get qualified for the surgery, so in a way it was a blessing.

As for my first fill experience, it was pretty painless. My surgeon is not my favorite. He is a nice guy, but a busy guy. Not the type to sit down and get to know you. He always seems rushed. Oh well. He told me he was gonna put 5cc in my band. Whoa! That is about 1/2 my band right there. I was not feeling good about this, but he says he wants me to feel restriction and I really just had to take his word for it. He had me lie on the table. He put some of the numbing stuff in the port area. The needle didn't hurt at all. He felt for the port which is right next to my belly button. Once he got the syringe in there with the solution he put in all 5 cc's, kept the needle in my stomach, had me sit up and drink water right then. Everything seemed to go down ok, but felt a bit of tightness, so he took a bit out. So, total he put in 3cc. I am happy with that. I go back in about 6 weeks.

I did clear liquids yesterday....ended up just drinking crystal light. Today I am doing protein shakes and might try some homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

I will prob jinx myself, but the scale this morning said 195.8. That was a shocker. We will see if it stick around for next Fri weigh in.

Thanks everyone for the comments from last nights episode. Zoey went to bed about 10pm. We had to try to put her down for her nap 6 times today, but is sleeping now. I think she is just so thrilled with her ability to climb over that crib wall! We are gonna try a few things to help with the issue of her crawling out of the crib. She is still so young (1 3/4) and I don't know if she will really understand that she needs to stay in her bed. I wish I could say, mommy will be right back after I put Logan to bed, but that doesn't mean anything to her yet. Zoey is a GREAT sleeper. Still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps 12ish hrs at night. We can just throw her in her bed and off to sleep she goes. It has only been this last week that has been challenging. Logan also has been a good sleeper (minus the needing to be rocked,even though I secretly love it cause it's the only time I get to cuddle him), but you can tell his teeth are really bugging him. I guess the saying is true, "When it rains, it pours".

I am gonna get my butt to the gym before I am too lazy to consider it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am gonna post more about secret bandits next week, so look for that post! It will be so fun to get that going!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for secret bandits!!!! And congrats on your first fill!!! (and onederland...my goal was to hit is before I started back to school....BUT I think 38 pounds in 10 weeks was a bit high...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! Hopefully this fill will really help!

    ReplyDelete